If you are a dental hygienist who hold an active license to practice dental hygiene in a U.S. state, territory, or district other than Kentucky and you wish to perform charitable dental hygiene pursuant to KRS 313.254, you must submit the following application to the Board of Dentistry at least thirty (30) days prior to providing healthcare services in Kentucky. There is no application fee for a Charitable license.
Application for Charitable Dental Hygiene Licensure
If approved for charitable limited licensure, you will be able to perform dental hygiene in Kentucky under the following conditions.
- You may provide charitable dental hygiene services for no more than ten (10) days per charitable event
- You must notify the Board and the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services prior to performing charitable dental hygiene services
- You may only work with charitable entities which are registered with the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services and which meet the requirements of KRS 313.254 and 201 KAR 8:580E
- You may only perform procedures allowed by KRS 313.254, and those procedure must be completed within the duration of the charitable event
- You must perform these duties without the expectation of compensation or charge to the individual, and without payment or reimbursement by any governmental agency or insurer
Charitable limited dental hygiene licenses are valid for no more than two (2) years, and expire on December 31 of even numbered years.
If your charitable limited dental hygiene license has expired, you must reapply for licensure to continue to proved charitable dental hygiene served in Kentucky.